Cambridge Health Alliance
Department: TCH OFF-SITES-R&M
Location: Multiple Locations
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non-Union
Work Shift: Days
Work Days: 7-3
Requisition Number: hrq-91385
• Within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures and under direction of the Director of Facilities Management the Facility Supervisor is responsible for supervising departmental operations, maintenance and construction at all assigned CHA locations which includes overseeing the staff and contractors in these areas.
• Responsible for the safe, continuous, daily operation, staff supervision, maintenance, inspection and repair and alteration of the boilers in the TCH Periodic Attendance Boiler Plant
• This position is also responsible for directing and coordinating in conjunction with outside consultants assigned construction activities including compliance with Massachusetts Dept. of Public Safety , State Building code requirements, OSHA, Joint Commission, and other authorities having jurisdiction
• Manages boiler plant facility maintenance, and assigned construction and energy conservation and sustainability projects.
• Collaborates with the directors and managers for each area of responsibility, ensuring environmentally clean, safe and secure physical facilities.
• A commitment to patient safety & security, customer satisfaction, efficient /effective use of resources, teamwork, innovation.
Job - Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Effectively manages within the vision and mission of CHA, and develops goals / objectives for departments in conjunction with the Director of Facilities;
2. Participates in collective bargaining negotiations and other labor relations issues as they pertain to departments under the control of this position.
3. Promotes team work and cohesiveness in and across departments
4. Develops, operates, reconciles and oversees submission of realistic operating budgets
5. Monitors expenses; effectively explains variances in a timely manner.
6. Responsible for reviewing and meeting productivity standards, consistent with best practice.
7. Responsible for vendor management of outsourced services contracts for areas of responsibility
8. Responsible for assuring CHA compliance with Joint Commission and other appropriate state/regulatory agencies as they relate to the CHA Facilities for areas of responsibility.
9. Responsible for the accurate completion of all Boiler plant logs and the submission of all required notices and reports to the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety and other entities having jurisdiction
10. Facilitates the implementation, and administration of programs to maintain the physical plant, grounds and equipment for CHA facilities in areas of responsibility
11. Establishes and promotes the maintenance of a safe, accident free and healthy work
12. Participates on and supports the Life Safety/Utilities/Construction Management sub-committee of the Environment of Care Committee (EOC),
13. Coordinates resolution of identified deficiencies and tracks deficiencies relative to facilities standards for areas of responsibility.
14. Manages systems of the physical plant for areas of responsibility striving for efficient utilization of utilities and minimizing disruption
15. Evaluates preventative maintenance schedules and prioritizes repair and maintenance work to extend the life of mechanical and electrical equipment reducing downtime to minimize disruption to patient care and normal operations.
16. Familiar with the design process for new projects from project concept, design, construction drawing process, construction and project closeout. Develop and/or oversee renovations and/or new projects.
17. Develop and/or oversee development of project cost estimates using appropriate cost estimating practice
18. Develop and/or oversee development of project schedules for areas assigned.
19. Manages and/or oversees the management of contractors, vendors and other sub-contractors involved with CHA facility management projects under supervision by this incumbent
20. Assures that all bidding for projects being overseen is done per CHA policy
21. Monitor project budgets and schedules as required. Make recommendations as required for keeping projects on budget and/or schedule improvements.
22. Participate with the maintenance and updating of plans for all CHA facilities.
23. Models, promotes and requires the highest quality technical and professional work and performance.
24. Promotes and facilitates patient/customer focus where the patient and the referring clinician's needs come first.
25. Represents the department at all required meetings in an ethical and professional manner. Leads and participates in the departmental education and training programs as assigned.
26. Communicates departmental needs, plans and priorities through the Director of Facilities Management and respective Department Directors and other service lines.
27. Maintains excellent working collaborative relationships with Site Administrators as relates to facility management practices.
28. Conducts regular meetings and rounds on all buildings assigned to identify areas for improvement.
29. Maintains, stores and tracks documentation; Develops and maintains written policies and procedures as needed; develops - annual reports, goals and objectives for area of responsibility.
30. Mentors staff and provides yearly job performance evaluations to staff in a timely manner.
31. Develops and implements regular energy savings and sustainability initiatives
32. Participates in committees as required.
33. Participates in the appropriate role for Cambridge Health Alliance fire drills, disasters drills and other emergency situations.
34. Performs other related duties as assigned, needed or directed
- Education/Training :
o High School Diploma
o Associates Degree in Engineering, or related field preferred.
o Massachusetts 2 nd Class Engineers License at a minimum and able to qualify as the Engineer in Charge of the TCH Periodic Attendance Boiler Plant in accordance with Mass 522CMR 2.00
o Certified Healthcare Facility Manager or Certified Healthcare Constructor a plus
o Licensure in a building trade a plus
o Hold a Massachusetts Construction Supervisors license a plus
o Hold Certified Facility Manager credential or Certified Healthcare Constructor credential as issued by the American Society of Healthcare Engineers or able to obtain same within 24 months of hire
o Three years in facility and maintenance operations and/or design, construction and with a focus working in healthcare organizations and/or hospital facilities, covered under the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement.
o Three years operating a steam power plant preferred
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :