Would you like to have a rewarding career at a statewide non-profit making a difference right in your own community? Do you have experience in facilities and want to join a great team? We are looking for a Facilities Specialist to join our team in Phoenix! As a Facilities Specialist with Arizona's Children Association you will have the opportunity to perform preventive and corrective maintenance repairs to agency facilities, offices, vehicles and equipment.You will also be working closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure adherence to the safety program and OSHA standards.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- We have a whole new comprehensive benefits package for 2021!
- All full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are eligible and we offer several plans for Medical, Dental, and Vision so you can choose the option right for you and your family!
- Plans are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
- Employee Wellness and Support Time every Friday morning
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan provided through Mutual of America
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our team!
• Performs accurate repairs, maintains, refurbishes and/or remodels the buildings, vehicles, systems, and equipment- effectively and efficiently.
• Verifies all work is completed and ensures reports documenting work completed are filed in a timely manner and that Computerized Maintenance Management Systems are accurately updated.
• Performs maintenance tests and inspections on the buildings, vehicles, systems, and equipment as required.
• Works with Facilities Manager to establish and promote safety programs, complying with OSHA standards and adhering to state, county, and municipal fire codes.
• Performs janitorial/custodial duties as required and ensures appropriate standards are met by vendor and/or landlord as required.
• Performs general security enforcement functions as required.
• Advises appropriate program or department supervisor of the long and short term needs, current problems and/or critical issues impacting the program/department facility/maintenance status.
• Identifies opportunities for process improvement aspects wherever possible and practical.
• Serves in an "on-call” status for after-hour and emergency facility and maintenance situations.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Trade Certifications preferred (ex. HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical).
• 1 year of basic maintenance experience preferred.
• Or, Equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
• Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
• Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
• Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
• Indoor/outdoor working conditions with frequent activity and exposure to heat, cold, chemicals and odors.
• Must be able to climb stairs, with frequent standing and moving throughout facility or in the alternative, perform these physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Frequent physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs. or more).
• Must be able to use power tools, building trade tools and appropriate equipment or supplies for repairs.
• Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
• Must be able to physically perform all duties described and related to this position.
• Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
• An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely” the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer